Wine and Sparkling Wine Premium Tour
Visit two premium wineries, taste and learn about the typical wine of Catalonia
- Discover how wine is made, its history and enjoy a wine tasting.
- In Can Ràfols dels Caus we will learn how the winery has been designed on differents levels while we enjoy a tasting of wine.
- In Llopart winery we will discover the sparkling wine, denomination of origin Corpinnat.
- Air-conditioned coach.
- Premium tour and guided tasting of 3 wines in the Can Ràfols dels Caus cellars, accompanied by artisan cheeses and cured meats.
- Premium visit and guided tasting of 3 sparkling wines at the Llopart winery, accompanied by Iberian ham and other traditional cured meats.
- Expert wine tourism guides and accompanying guide.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- This activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers per guide.
- Children under the age of 18 may take the tour, but the wine and sparkling wine tasting will be replaced for a non-alcoholic drink.
- Inside the cellars temperatures can be cold, for this reason, we recommend you to bring a coat.
- Alcoholic beverages not allowed to minors under 18 years.
- In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain, Estació del Nord, ground floor, platform 19 at: Carrer Alí Bei 80.
- Please check-in at the counter at least 15 minutes before the departure time
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
- Alcoholic beverages not allowed to minors under 18 years
Departing from Julià Travel office in Estació del Nord, we will go to two of the most important wineries in Catalonia, where we will have the opportunity to discover how wine is made, its history and enjoy a wine tasting.
Did you know that Catalonia is one of the most important wine-growing areas in Spain? It currently has eleven designations of origin. Vineyards have existed in Catalonia for more than 2,000 years and currently produce more than 380 million bottles a year, including sparkling wine, which represents the half of the production.
The first stop will be at one of the most unique and attractive wineries in Europe. There, we will have the opportunity to understand how the winery has been built in a cave that is completely invisible from the outside. We will learn how the winery has been designed on different levels in order to facilitate gravity-fed vinification. We will enjoy a tasting of three wines paired with local cured meats.
At the end of the visit, we will go to one of the most prestigious wineries in Catalonia: Llopart, a centenary winery where we will discover the sparkling wine, denomination of origin Corpinnat. We will take a tour through the history of the winery, from its origins to the present day, where we will get to know the vineyards, from where we will have impressive views of Montserrat. We will have the opportunity to go into the facilities where the wines and sparkling wines are produced, to finish with a tasting of some of their best sparkling wines accompanied by some delicious traditional cured meats.
Once we have finished our visit to the Llopart winery, we will get back on the bus to return to Barcelona. We will finish in the same place where we started the visit, at Estació del Nord.