Toledo full day, Tapas and Wine
Dive into a fascinating mix of cultures in Toledo. Walk through the Old Town following your local guide and taste the tipical wines
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- El Puente de San Martín is a medieval bridge over the Tagus River. Is one of the city’s most characteristic postcards for its two fortified towers.
- Enjoy the visit to a premium winery very close to Toledo.
- Local guide
- Entrance to the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca
- Visit to a Premium winery with a tasting of 3 wines and an aperitif of cured meats and cheese
- Bilingual tour (English/Spanish)
- Radio – guide system
- Transportation on an air-conditioned coach
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified above
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please keep in mind this is a walking tour. Wear appropriate attire.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers per guide.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de Oriente.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
We will meet fifteen minutes before departure time at the Julià Travel office, located in the centre of Madrid. From there, we will depart with the guide to the city of the three cultures, Toledo.
After a bus ride of approximately one hour, we will arrive to Toledo, where we will first take a panoramic tour. You will be impressed from the very first moment, as we will go up to the Mirador del Valle, an elevated area from where we will have the best views of the city. At this point you will enjoy a short free time to take as many photos as you wish.
Then, we will go down to the old town of Toledo, where we will start a walking tour through the most important areas of the city, passing by places like the Cathedral, the Plaza de Zocodover or the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca. Did you know that since 1986 Toledo is considered as World Heritage of Humanity? No doubt this is synonymous that the city will surprise you.
At the end of the guided tour of the city, we will have free time to rest and have lunch, as we will still have time to visit one of the most important wineries in Castilla La Mancha.
After lunch, we will get back on the bus to head towards the oldest winery in the region. Here we will have the opportunity to enjoy a complete wine tourism experience, as well as delve into the art of winemaking in a unique setting, a bicentennial winery that is surrounded by a carefully tended vineyard, where the most prestigious grape varieties in the country are found. Of course, we can't leave without tasting some of its best wines, accompanied by an aperitif.
Once we have finished our visit to the winery, we will return to Madrid, where we will finish the tour, very close to the Royal Palace.