Wine Route «Ribera del Duero» and Segovia
Enjoy a wine tasting in Ribera del Duero and get lost in the beautiful city of Segovia
- Visit one of the most famous wineries in Valladolid and taste some of the local cheeses and cured meats while you learn about the production.
- Visit the Castle of Peñafiel, the one that the shape will remaind you of a ship.
- The Roman aqueduct is Segovia’s postcard par excellence. The double arches supported by pillars are majestically located to attract the city’s visitors.
- The Alcázar fills with magic Segovia’s profile. The castle and the gardens are essential spots to imagine how the Royal life was in the city.
- Guided visit in Segovia
- Guided tour of Peñafiel Castle and Wine Museum, with wine tasting
- Guided visit to a prestigious winery in Ribera del Duero with wine tasting
- Transportation on an air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Radio-guide system
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified above.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Entrance to Segovia Cathedral, Casa de los Picos, Church of San Martín & Alcazar of Segovia.
- Please keep in mind this is a walking tour. Wear appropriate attire.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers per guide.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de Oriente.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Any person failing to appear at the established time will not be refunded
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / [email protected]
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Early in the morning, we will leave Madrid and head towards the Ribera del Duero, located in the province of Valladolid.
Our first stop will be at the Castle of Peñafiel, built from the 10th century onwards. You will be surprised by the shape of the castle, which will most probably remind you of a ship. The castle now houses the Provincial Wine Museum, where, accompanied by your guide, you can learn about the wealth of wine in the province of Valladolid, as well as its five designations of origin.
The denomination of origin that stands out in this area is Ribera del Duero. For this reason, we cannot leave without visiting one of the most important wineries in Valladolid. We will have the opportunity to do a wine tasting accompanied by a tasting of local cheeses and cured meats, as well as learning more about the production of this typical product.
Once we have finished our visit to the winery, we will get back on the bus to head towards Segovia, capital of the province of the same name, with its old town and old quarter, which were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.
We will take a walking tour where we will discover the most important monuments of the city, such as its imposing 16km long aqueduct, which is considered the most important work of Roman civil engineering in the Iberian Peninsula.
During the walking tour, we will see the most important monuments of the city, such as the Cathedral, the Church of San Martín, the Casa de los Picos or the Alcázar of Segovia, a castle whose exterior architecture served as inspiration for some Walt Disney films, such as Cinderella's Castle or the Queen's Castle in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.