Toledo with Cathedral Full Day Tour from Madrid with optional tapas
Dive into a fascinating mix of cultures in Toledo. Walk through the Old Town part of the city following your local guide and see the famous painting b
- The Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo is an example of the Gothic architecture. Its north gate reminds of Pari’s Notre Dame and Puerta de los Leones is rich in Hispano-Flemish sculptures.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- El Puente de San Martín is a medieval bridge over the Tagus River. Is one of the city’s most characteristic postcards for its two fortified towers.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Local official guide.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Radio guide system.
- Admission to the Church of St. Tomé, admission to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca and admission to the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Admission to Cathedral of Toledo and ancient mosque “Cristo de la luz”
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Please note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
- Please note photography and filming are not permitted inside the Church of St. Tomé.
- The duration of the tour includes transportation.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
- In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Plaza de España.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Toledo aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches. Remember to bring your camera or Smartphone!
Relax and enjoy the scenery on the way to the city. Follow your local guide on a walking tour of the Historic City of Toledo, World Heritage City since 1986. Once Spain’s capital, it is a perfect mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures. Learn about its fantastic heritage and see how the coexistence of cultures through the centuries influenced its current architectural style.
Walk amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms at the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Admire the building sponsored by Queen Elizabeth from Castilla to become a royal mausoleum, the most important construction built by the Catholic Monarchs. Right after the visit, we will walk to the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca. Originally built as a synagogue, it was expropriated and became a Church only 211 years after it opened its doors. Today, it is a fantastic museum of Mudejar (Arabic) style that you will visit. Admire the world-famous painting by el Greco – The Burial of the Count of Orgaz – at the Church of Santo Tomé. Did you know el Greco himself lived in this beautiful city? Then, visit the ancient mosque “Cristo de la Luz”.
If you wish, you have the option to include lunch in your booking, where you can choose from a wonderful tapas menu or be surprised by the traditional menu, which includes the most famous dishes of the local gastronomy. If you do not include it, you will have approximately one hour and a half of free time to have lunch on your own.
After that time, meet your guide again for the guided visit of the Cathedral of Toledo. Considered one of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. Admire the stained glass windows decorating the naves and discover the history of this great monument. See more than ten paintings by el Greco and wander around the location listening to your guide.
At the end of the visit, we will take the bus and enjoy a brief panoramic tour of Toledo. The bus will stop at the viewpoint “Mirador del Valle” so you can take the best panoramic photos of Toledo.