Royal Palace and Prado Museum Guided Tour
Discover in one morning two of the must-see places in Madrid, the Royal Palace and the Prado Museum. Accompanied by our guide..
- Visit one of the most beautiful and best preserved palaces in Europe.
- The Palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931.
- The Museo Nacional del Prado is an international reference museum of European painting and the most important art gallery.
- The Museo Nacional del Prado displays more than 1.300 works.
- Bilingual guided visit in both Spanish and English
- Admission to the Royal Palace and to the Prado Museum.
- Transfer between the Royal Palace to the Prado Museum.
- Radio guide system.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pick up and drop-off.
- Keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes.
- Royal Palace and Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Palace Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- The itinerary is subject to change due to the official acts to be celebrated in the palace.
- It is possible that some of the paintings that are in our program were not available, despite belonging to the permanent collections of the three museums, because it was assigned for some exhibition, in this case, would be replaced by another painting with a similar artistic value.
- In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
- This tour starts from Julia Travel Office, San Nicolás Street, 15 (next to Ramales Square)
- You can present either an electronic voucher or a printed voucher.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour
- Julià Travel reserves the right to cancel the tour or modify the itinerary due to events being held at the locations, due to operational reasons of force majeure reasons.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Start your visit by entering the Royal Palace of Madrid without queuing up. The Royal Palace, which was built in the 18th century in a classicist Baroque with an Italian style, is located at the same place where the Alcázar of the Habsburgs used to stand.
It covers an area of 135,000 square metres, almost twice as large as Buckingham Palace or the Palace of Versailles, making it the largest palace in Western Europe, as well as one of the largest in the world.
Although it is no longer the official residence of the Spanish monarchy, the most important receptions of the Royal Crown are currently held inside.
During the guided tour, you will have the opportunity to see the Main Square, the Grand Staircase, the flats of King Charles III, the Queen's flats, the banqueting hall, the royal chapel, the throne room and the crown room.
At the end of the visit inside the Royal Palace, we will take a bus, accompanied by our guide, to the Prado Museum.
The museum's current collection is made up of more than 1.000 works from four different centuries. Our guide will show you some of the most important works by artists such as Velázquez, Goya, Sorolla, El Greco and El Bosco.