Madrid Highlights Tour and Skip the Line Prado Museum Guided Tour
Explore the indispensable Madrid in an itinerary through its most emblematic streets. Admire the most renowned paintings and works at El Prado
- Plaza Mayor is the heart of Hapsburg Madrid. Arco de Cuchilleros, Casa de la Panadería and the Statue of Felipe III mark this square charm.
- Puerta de Alcalá is one of the five ancient royal gates that gave access to Madrid. Its Neo-classical and three archs appearance remind of the Roman Triumphal Archs.
- The Museo Nacional del Prado is an international reference museum of European painting. Goya, Velázquez, El Greco, Rubens, Tiziano, Rembrandt and Caravaggio amongst others make up the museum collection.
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Local official guide.
- One hour guided walking tour.
- Radio guide system.
- Admission to the Prado Museum.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Please note that the tour ends at Prado Museum.
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot. We recommend you to wear comfortable shoes.
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- It is possible that some of the paintings that are in our program were not available, despite belonging to the permanent collections of the three museums, because it was assigned for some exhibition, in this case, would be replaced by another painting with a similar artistic value.
- We will make convenient stops to rest and take pictures at Plaza Mayor, Debod’s Temple and Las Ventas Bullring, if the weather permits and always accompanied by our guide.
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, oficial acts and public works).
- In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Prado Museum,
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide when staring the tour. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary due to events celebrated in the city or force majeure operational reasons without prior notice.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 91 559 9605 / email@example.com
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Check in at our office and join us on the first part of the tour, a one hour walking tour through the streets of the historic city center of Madrid. Discover emblematic places you cannot miss! Stroll around Plaza de la Villa, the famous Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Plaza de Oriente.
Then board one of our air-conditioned buses for a ride through the city. Remember to bring your camera or Smartphone! Leave Plaza de Oriente and head to the magnificent Puerta de Toledo. Did you know its construction dates back from the Napoleonic era? See the oldest bridge in Madrid and drive next to the Manzanares River, from where you will have great views of the Royal Palace and the Almudena Cathedral. Pass by Mayor Street, Puerta del Sol square and the Las Cortes quarter on your way to the Paseo del Prado. Admire the architecture of the Old Madrid arriving into the Las Letras Quarter.
Drive by Cibeles Fountain, where Real Madrid fans celebrate the team victories. Do not miss Puerta de Alcalá, the most famous of the five ancient gates into the city. The last sights you will see on the tour are the Santiago Bernabéu stadium through Paseo de la Castellana street and Colon square.
But no trip to Madrid would be completed without a visit to the Prado Museum. Thus, a local guide will pick you up from our office for a tour to the same. Follow your guide through the Museum on a visit of the most important paintings. Admire great European artworks by el Bosco, el Greco, Velazquez, Goya and Rubens. Discover the aim of the original building and why it changed to hold one of the most important art galleries in the world. The current exhibition holds more than 1.000 paintings of four different centuries.
Let your guide show you around the site and learn about some of the most important works and its backstories. Did you know the royal collection represents the museum’s foundation? Once your guided tour finishes you can stay inside the museum for as long as you wish until closing time.