Entrance to the Moco Museum with a stroll in «El Born»
Discover the history of the city walking through El Born neighbourhood and visit Moco Museum
- Discover the history of the city visiting the Arc de Triomf, Born district and the Church of Santa Maria del Mar.
- Visit Moco Museum, an independent contemporary and street art museum
- Explore on your own modern and contemporary works made by renowned and emerging artists.
- 1 hour guided – walking tour of the Born neighbourhood
- Ticket to the Moco Museum
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) or monolingual tour (depending on the day selected)
- Local guide
- Radio guide system
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar
- This activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers per guide.
- Be aware this is a 1-hour walking tour, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 3 years old.
- This tour starts from Julià Travel office at: Estació del Nord, ground floor, platform 19 and ends at Moco Museum.
- Print your voucher and give it to your guide. E-voucher accepted.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Julià Travel Gray Line Spain contact: 0034 93 317 64 54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation policy: a 100% cancellation penalty applies if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel date or in case of no-show
Check in at our office in Estació del Nord, where your guide will be waiting for you. On the first part of the tour we will take a guided tour of the Born neighbourhood, one of the oldest and most historic areas of Barcelona.
The first place we will visit is the Arc de Triomf, which was the main entrance to the Universal Exhibition of Barcelona in 1888. We will continue learning about the interesting history of the city through the Paseo del Born, which will take us to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, a minor Gothic basilica founded in 1329.
Have you ever heard of Barcelona's eternal flame? It is located very close to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, known as the Fossar de les Moreres, it commemorates the defenders of the city who fell in the battle of 11 September 1714.
After an hour's walk, we will arrive to the Moco Museum, where the walking tour will end and you will access to the museum on your own. Located in the Cervelló Palace, you will enter into a historical building of the city, where from the Middle Ages until the 20th century aristocrats, merchants and members of the royalty lived in this palace.
The Moco Museum is an independent museum with a wide range of inspiring modern, contemporary and street art, located in Amsterdam and Barcelona. The Moco Museum's collection includes, among others: Banksy, Jean-Michel Basquiat, JR, KAWS, Keith Haring, Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Tracey Emin, Yayoi Kusama, Mark Rothko, Andy Warhol, Studio Irma and many more. The visitors will find a unique collection of art to reflect on modern society.
At the Moco Museum you can download an audio-guide to your mobile phone, which will allow you to learn about the history of each of the artists, as well as their works.